Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Making the concept video


 My initial footage was very grainy, shot at high ISO on a Nikon D3400, with a shoulder-grip stabiliser. It was recoverable to an extent by lowering the contrast, removing grain as well as matching the snowy scene I was aiming to create, in terms of how the light would affect the shot.


I added snow using the 'CC Particle World' generator in Adobe After Effects after using Premiere Pro to adjust the colour temperature to be more blue, lowering the contrast and correctly adjusting the black and white value for my footage.


I pre-composed a video within the scene in After Effects. It consisted of a green and yellow background I made in Photoshop, stylised similar to the current Norwich City kit and branding for this season.


 I had a small, unprofessional set-up to allow myself to colour key out the background from my subject walking up to the frame. The result isn't perfect as this was just a test, but works fine in the scene due to how small it appears in the frame. I repeat the video 3 times to ensure it plays through the entirety of my short video. I also put the text 'Manager' on the screen as place holder text.


The video was aimed to be similar to that featured on the NCFC Twitter page, with the players doing various actions to celebrate goals or appearances.


My Particle World settings were 'Faded Spheres' with the 'Explosive' setting, which for a piece of this length and field-of-view was adequate, I change this in my later piece, however. I included 2 separate instances of these generators in my scene, ultimately just looking to understand and improve my capabilities using particles in this software.

Video URLs for tutorials seen and used:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pffMKRvgO0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9KSBdm63GE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2cp8buRsXs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Initial Ideas on Paper

 I had initial ideas to split my project up into separate pieces to show off tracking, keying and particles in their own segments. I ha...